“Having Masaba was the best decision of my life” - Neena Gupta

https://ift.tt/3qyZTgR

On November 2, 1989, actress Neena Gupta gave birth to her daughter Masaba whose father the legendary West Indian cricketer Vivian Richards was not married to Neena. By becoming a single mother, Neena sent shock waves across the conservative corridors of the Indian entertainment industry.

“Having Masaba was the best decision of my life” - Neena Gupta

Looking back the Badhaai Ho actress has no regrets about her decision. However she wishes Masaba had a father at home to share Neena’s parenting responsibilities. “Having Msabaa is the best decision of my life. But if I had to live my life again I’d want to have a family and a husband to support my parenthood. I’d want the child’s father with me. Not so far away.”

However Neena is thankful for her daughter. “What I’ve got is most precious, Sure, I made sacrifices. But it’s all worth it. Masaba is the best thing to happen to my life.”

In an interview with me in 2008 when Neena got married to Delhi-based Vivek Mehra, she had said to me, “Much as I'm thrilled with the new developments in my life, Masaba is my top concern. She always will be. I can't leave her alone in Mumbai where she is studying fashion designing. So I guess I'll be shuttling between Delhi and Mumbai. You see, at the end of the day it’s just me for Masaba. So I can’t afford to slip up.”

Also Read: Neena Gupta recalls reading an unbelievable report of her working as a salesgirl in a carpet shop


Previous Post
Next Post
Related Posts