Batwara 1947 vs Awarapan 2 screen-sharing fight Round 2 begins: Distributor of Sunny Deol starrer asks for one show in single screens; Toxic’s Wednesday release complicates matters

Batwara 1947 vs Awarapan 2 screen-sharing fight Round 2 begins: Distributor of Sunny Deol starrer asks for one show in single screens; Toxic’s Wednesday release complicates matters

https://ift.tt/aephKm4

Bollywood Hungama had reported last week about the screen-sharing issues faced during the release of Batwara 1947 and Awarapan 2. The issue has cropped up in the second week of these films as well.

A trade source told Bollywood Hungama, “PVR Inox Pictures, the distributors of Batwara 1947, have asked several single-screen cinemas to play one show of their film from tomorrow, August 21. However, the single-screen exhibitors are bewildered by this demand. Batwara 1947 has underperformed, more so at single screens. Moreover, Awarapan 2 continues to do huge business. The single screens wish to play all shows of Awarapan 2 to meet the demand. However, they won’t be able to cater to that demand fully due to the directive to allot shows to Batwara 1947.”

The source also said, “On the other hand, Awarapan 2’s distributor has put forth two conditions. One is that they want all shows in single screens. The theatres have no problem with this demand. However, they have also asked for all shows of Awarapan 2 until next Thursday, August 27. This demand has caused an issue as Toxic releases on Wednesday, August 26. That film also carries huge buzz and deserves sufficient showcasing.”

The source continued, “The single screens are in touch with the distributors of both films to find a solution. The issue is expected to be resolved in a few hours, after which the plans for the second week of Batwara 1947 and Awarapan 2 will commence.”

Also Read: EXCLUSIVE: Preeta Mathur of Jis Lahore Nahin Dekhya fame describes Batwara 1947 as a nice and engaging watch; but raises concerns over Shabana Azmi’s character dragged out: “This doesn’t give a good impression of Lahore”


 Sonu Nigam reacts to impersonator case settlement; says, “Saste mein chhoot gaya bahut”

Sonu Nigam reacts to impersonator case settlement; says, “Saste mein chhoot gaya bahut”

https://ift.tt/tKb4XnS

Sonu Nigam has opened up about his legal battle with Bihar-based criminal lawyer Sonu Nigam Singh, whose social media account was allegedly mistaken for that of the singer. The dispute, which involved alleged misuse of the singer’s identity and personality rights, has now been settled following an amicable agreement between the two parties.

The Bombay High Court recently disposed of the commercial intellectual property suit after the singer and the lawyer reached a settlement. However, Sonu Nigam has said that he is not completely satisfied with the outcome and believes that cases involving digital impersonation and identity rights require stricter legal action.

Speaking about the issue, the singer said, “I quit X in 2017 but this person kept impersonating me. If I met President Droupadi Murmu, he would post a photo as if I am posting it. It is cruel to put someone’s name, reputation and life at risk.”

Nigam further claimed that the alleged impersonation had consequences for him and his family. “My family and I started receiving threats for posts this guy had made. He would post something and people would hurl abuses at me,” he said.

The singer said he was relieved that the court had issued a strict warning to the lawyer, but felt that the consequences should have been more severe. “Such people should be put in prison. He may have not murdered me physically but he harmed me and my reputation. Saste mein chhoot gaya bahut. Even the PM (@narendramodi) follows him thinking that is my account,” Nigam said.

Sonu Nigam had filed the suit before the Bombay High Court in July last year, alleging violations of his personality rights and digital impersonation. The account in question was allegedly used to share politically charged and communally sensitive posts. Since Nigam had left X in 2017, the account was allegedly mistaken by some users for the singer’s official account.

While the legal dispute has now been resolved, Nigam’s comments highlight his concerns over the impact of social media impersonation on a public figure’s reputation and personal life.

Also Read : Sonu Nigam reveals he uses auto-tune in certain songs; says, “It can’t replace singers”


 Ayesha Khan flaunts diamond ring with mystery man, sparks engagement speculation; see pics

Ayesha Khan flaunts diamond ring with mystery man, sparks engagement speculation; see pics

https://www.bollywoodhungama.com/wp-content/uploads/2026/08/A-dream-💍🤍Find-your-perfect-natural-diamond-engagement-ring-at-@ornaz_com-💍-@ornaz_com-Eng.jpg.jpeg

Ayesha Khan has sparked engagement rumours after sharing a series of dreamy pictures featuring a mystery man and a striking diamond ring. The actress, who recently gained attention for her appearance in the popular song ‘Shararat’ from Dhurandhar, left fans wondering whether she had secretly taken the next step in her personal life.

In the pictures, Ayesha has kept the identity of the mystery man under wraps, adding to the curiosity surrounding the post. The diamond ring visible in the photos further fuelled speculation that the actress may have got engaged. However, there appears to be another explanation behind the pictures.

Ayesha has not officially confirmed any engagement. Her caption, “A dream,” has only added to the mystery. The photographs appear to be connected to a jewellery brand photoshoot, suggesting that the ring may have been part of the campaign rather than an indication of a real-life engagement. For now, the actress has chosen to leave fans guessing about the true meaning behind the post.

 

View this post on Instagram

  A post shared by Ayesha Khan (@ayeshaakhan_official)

Ayesha Khan rose to wider popularity after featuring in Dhurandhar’s chartbuster song ‘Shararat’, alongside Krystle D’Souza. The song, set against the backdrop of a grand Karachi wedding, features the two actresses as wedding dancers.

In an earlier interview with Pinkvilla, Ayesha opened up about the demanding experience of filming the song. She said, “It was two days of shoot. It was so hectic, I was on my period during the shoot, and you know you’re not looking your best because you’re bloated and you’re not at your best. Kaash, I was at my best. It was so much of work for two days… We were running short on time. We were so tired, our bones were aching after dancing so much. I was feeling so overwhelmed, and it was also because I was on my period, so maybe my emotions were hitting me too much. So, I just couldn’t control and I just cried. It was Khushi ke aansu (tears of joy).”

‘Shararat’ was composed by Shashwat Sachdev and sung by Madhubanti Bagchi and Jasmine Sandlas, with choreography by Vijay Ganguly.

Also Read : Dhurandhar fame Ayesha Khan detained by Mumbai Police during student protest, shares video asking, “Just a simple why?”


 Did you know: Before Namit Malhotra mounted Ramayana, his father produced Amitabh Bachchan’s iconic Shahenshah

Did you know: Before Namit Malhotra mounted Ramayana, his father produced Amitabh Bachchan’s iconic Shahenshah

https://ift.tt/WsTderg

Less than three months are left for the release of Ramayana and the excitement is tremendous thanks to its casting, subject and never-before-seen visuals. The film is produced by Namit Malhotra and not many are aware that he belongs to an illustrious film family.

As per a post by senior industry member Rajesh Vasani of Paras Publicity, Namit Malhotra is the son of producer Naresh Malhotra, who in turn was the son of ace cinematographer and National Film Award winner Mahendra Nath Malhotra. Rajesh Vasani wrote, “Having worked with the legendary B R Chopra, Naresh ji has also served as an assistant director to the acclaimed filmmaker Asit Sen, Naresh Malhotra developed a profound understanding of filmmaking from both the creative and business perspectives.”

He continued, “He later became actively involved with the renowned Mushir-Riaz banner and ventured into film production. Along with Rishi Kapoor and Bittu Anand, the son of celebrated writer Inder Raj Anand, brother of filmmaker Tinu Anand, and father of director Siddharth Anand, he co-produced films such as Duniya Meri Jeb Mein (1979) and Yeh Ishq Nahin Aasan (1984). While these films did not achieve the desired commercial success, history has often shown that setbacks are merely stepping stones to greater achievements.”

Naresh Malhotra then got the opportunity to produce the much-remembered Amitabh Bachchan-starrer Shahenshah (1988). As per the post, “The film emerged as a blockbuster, restoring confidence and momentum to the team. Shri Naresh Malhotra would thereafter be widely recognized as the producer of this iconic Amitabh Bachchan starrer, a film that remains a milestone in Indian cinema.”

Interestingly, Naresh Malhotra worked from modest office operating out of a building garage in Santacruz, Mumbai. It was given on rent by producer-director Naresh Kumar Tuli, brother of Rajendra Kumar aka Jubilee Kumar. Rajesh Vasani said, “Always ahead of the curve, Naresh Malhotra ventured into post-production and, together with filmmaker Rahul Rawail and associates, established a dubbing studio at Pali Hill, Bandra. Close friends of Rishi Kapoor, they were among the early visionaries who recognized the immense potential of professional post-production services in India.”

Then, in 1997, Namit Malhotra founded Prime Focus from the same garage in Mumbai, “carrying forward the family’s cinematic legacy while embracing the future through technology and innovation.”

The Facebook post reveals, “He was supported by a dedicated team, including professionals such as Anshul Doshi, who would later play a significant role in the company’s international expansion, Prime Focus steadily broadened its horizons beyond India. What began as a modest post-production venture evolved into India’s first listed visual entertainment services company and eventually one of the world’s most respected integrated media services groups. The acquisition and integration of DNEG transformed the enterprise into a global leader in visual effects, animation, and creative technology, contributing to multiple Academy Award-winning productions and some of the most celebrated films in the world. Today, Prime Focus and DNEG stand as symbols of Indian excellence on the global stage.”

He continued, “And now, Namit Malhotra’s dream has come full circle. From a garage in Mumbai to spearheading one of the most ambitious cinematic spectacles ever attempted in Indian filmmaking Ramayana, his journey embodies the belief that imagination, determination, and perseverance can transform the impossible into reality.”

Also Read: Ramayana English trailer: Namit Malhotra DECODES DNEG’s AI-powered lip-sync technology!


 Zoya Akhtar confirms Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara sequel is in works

Zoya Akhtar confirms Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara sequel is in works

https://ift.tt/Y4kxNmu

Filmmaker Zoya Akhtar has confirmed that work on a sequel to the 2011 hit Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara is underway. The update comes as the film marks 15 years since its release and follows renewed excitement among fans after Hrithik Roshan, Abhay Deol and Farhan Akhtar reunited for a 2025 advertisement for Yas Island.

The trio’s reunion in the campaign brought back memories of their much-loved characters Arjun, Kabir and Imran. The commercial sparked speculation that the actors could be returning for Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara 2, with several fans even assuming that the advertisement was connected to an upcoming sequel.

Speaking to The Hollywood Reporter at the Monsoon Film Festival, Zoya addressed the possibility of revisiting the characters and confirmed that discussions are taking place. “We are on it,” she said. However, the filmmaker made it clear that the project is still being developed and that there is no certainty about what shape it will eventually take.

“We don’t know what will happen and what won’t… if we will get to a place where it feels correct, in catching up with these characters today. But it will be nice,” Zoya added.

She also recalled the strong reaction to the 2025 advertisement featuring Hrithik, Abhay and Farhan. “People thought it was a trailer,” she said. According to Zoya, fans initially celebrated the reunion, only to express their disappointment when they realised it was not a film teaser. “First, they were like, ‘YEAH!’ But then I got abused in my DMs saying, ‘This was not funny.'”

Zoya also responded to criticism that her films often focus on the “angst of posh people.” She said the criticism does not bother her and maintained that filmmakers should be able to tell stories about different kinds of people.

“It still comes up, but it does not bother me now,” she said. “These are stories and, as a filmmaker, I get to tell stories of all kinds of people.”

Released in 2011, Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara starred Hrithik Roshan, Farhan Akhtar, Abhay Deol, Katrina Kaif, Kalki Koechlin and Naseeruddin Shah. Shot across Spain, India and the United Kingdom, the film was reportedly made on a budget of Rs 45 crores and earned around Rs 153 crores worldwide.

Also Read : Zoya Akhtar’s Turtle Walker to release on Animal Planet as part of India: Epic Wild Stories documentary anthology


 Alia Bhatt gives a glimpse of her ‘good old days’ with Ranbir Kapoor and Raha; see pics

Alia Bhatt gives a glimpse of her ‘good old days’ with Ranbir Kapoor and Raha; see pics

https://ift.tt/k2TiHr0

Alia Bhatt recently treated fans to a glimpse of some previously unseen moments from a family vacation with her husband Ranbir Kapoor and their daughter Raha. The actor shared a series of pictures on Instagram on Monday, offering followers a look at their private family time as well as a few candid moments of herself.

Along with the eight-picture carousel, Alia kept her caption short and wrote, "good old days, cuddles and all". Her post featured a mix of family photographs, holiday snapshots and solo pictures from what appears to be a vacation taken some time ago.

The first picture shows Alia, Ranbir and Raha together on a boat as they take in the sea view. The family is photographed from behind, with Raha sitting between her parents. Ranbir can be seen wearing a cap, with one arm stretched behind Alia as they enjoy the moment together.

 

View this post on Instagram

  A post shared by αlia bhatt 💛 (@aliaabhatt)

Another picture captures a sweet mother-daughter moment. Alia is seen cuddling Raha with her eyes closed, while the little girl's hand is visible near her mother's face. The intimate photograph offers a glimpse into the actor's time with her daughter away from the public eye.

The carousel also features several solo pictures of Alia. In one mirror selfie, she is seen wearing a white bikini top paired with a lace cover-up, with her hair tied back. Another photograph shows her posing in oversized black sunglasses with her hair left open. In the final frame, Alia appears to be enjoying some food while continuing to wear the statement sunglasses.

Alia did not disclose the location of the holiday or specify when the photographs were taken. However, her caption referring to the "good old days" indicates that the pictures are from an earlier trip and had remained in her camera roll.

Alia and Ranbir tied the knot in April 2022 after dating for several years. The couple welcomed their daughter Raha in November 2022.

Also Read : Alia Bhatt reveals her go-to room dining orders: “I really like hotel sandwiches. They come with French fries…”


 Emraan Hashmi’s wife Parveen Hashmi celebrates Awarapan 2 success: “Akha Bollywood ek taraf aur Emraan Hashmi ek taraf”

Emraan Hashmi’s wife Parveen Hashmi celebrates Awarapan 2 success: “Akha Bollywood ek taraf aur Emraan Hashmi ek taraf”

https://ift.tt/xM27Pfc

Emraan Hashmi’s latest release, Awarapan 2, has achieved a major milestone at the box office, crossing the Rs 100 crores mark in its opening weekend. The success has also prompted a heartfelt message from the actor’s wife, Parveen Hashmi, who reflected on his 23-year journey in the film industry and the dedication that has kept him going through highs and lows.

Taking to Instagram, Parveen described the achievement as the result of years of patience, hard work and faith. She wrote, “It has taken Emi 23 years to get here today... 23 years of patience, dedication, faith, surrender, countless blessings and prayers!!” She recalled how Emraan experienced both successful and disappointing Fridays during his career but never allowed setbacks to stop him from moving ahead.

Parveen also spoke about the actor’s commitment to his work and his ability to remain grounded despite the success. She wrote, “I have watched him put his heart and soul into all his projects.” Referring to the popular line, “Akha Bollywood ek taraf aur Emraan Hashmi ek taraf (reference to The Bads of Bollywood)”, she said the statement resonates with the actor’s fans and people in the industry.

 

View this post on Instagram

  A post shared by Parveen Hashmi (@parveen_hashmi)

Sharing a glimpse into Emraan’s routine, Parveen revealed that his preparation involved studying scripts, learning dialogues, including some in Telugu, rehearsing scenes, maintaining his diet and exercising regularly. She said, “I’ve seen what goes on behind the scenes every single day...” According to her, nothing could disrupt his routine, “not even on holidays!!”

Parveen, who described herself as one of Emraan’s biggest critics, said she felt particularly proud of him following the response to Awarapan 2. She concluded her note by encouraging people to stay focused, disciplined and committed to their dreams.

The sequel’s success is significant considering the performance of the 2007 original. Awarapan earned around Rs 13 crores during its theatrical run but later developed a loyal following and became a cult favourite. Awarapan 2 surpassed the original film’s lifetime collection on its first day itself.

Produced by Vishesh Bhatt and directed by Nitin Kakkar, Awarapan 2 brings Emraan back as Shivam Pandit, alongside Disha Patani and Shabana Azmi. The cast also includes Puran Gabbi, Anirudh Rawal, Surendar Vicky, Vijayant Kohli and Atul Kumar.

Also Read :